Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 is here...

So, the holidays have passed. Here's a photo taken Christmas Eve of Laney and Uncle Adam.  I have signed up for another Tracey Clark photography class, "Picture Winter." I certainly didn't complete every day of the last two classes, but I did enjoy seeing the photos submitted by others in the classes. The prompt that Tracey sends out each day is beautiful. Many of them have motivated me to take some photos, but I've got to admit that it's harder now with the days being shorter. Part of the challenge is to use natural light and to not use flash so there's very little I can do when I get home in the evenings. It's amazing to me how many of the photos submitted come from the other participants' kitchens. That's a joke for me, as I hardly ever cook now. I did cook New Year's Eve, and my friend Deb and her sister, Kim, came over. We celebrated the New Year together. But did I think to take photos of the delicious chicken roasted with olives? No. It was a comedy organizing everything and having it come together, let alone taking pics of the process as I did it. But I did cook a meal. So the New Year is off to a good start. And I did cook black eyed peas and collard greens New Year's Day. And it's all still here. I wonder if that's good luck? The holidays were wonderful. In the New Year, may we all be filled with loving kindness, may we be well. May we be peaceful and at ease. May we be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment