Saturday, November 20, 2010

Life is Funny/Happy Thanksgiving

I finally decided that I could/would never do pottery again, so I posted my pottery equipment on Craig's List and sold it very quickly. I met a new friend, Helene. She bought my kiln. I went over to her beautiful place today to show her how to fire the kiln and she spent the afternoon showing me some perfectly gorgeous places in her neighborhood to take pictures. Of course I spent the money I made from the pottery equipment on photography equipment! I don't care what anybody says, good equipment does make a difference. I'm absolutely in love with my new camera and my new lenses, and with learning all I can about making pictures. Pottery had become too physically demanding--at least the type of pottery I wanted to be doing. Photography is not physically demanding, but it does encourage physical activity and exploring. I'm excited about my new friendship and about being able to share my years of pottery experience with Helene. I'm also excited about going into the holiday season this year and having this time to share with my family and all the people I love. I have so much in my life to be thankful for. I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment